Friday, May 29, 2009

Kids say the darndest things!

I want to start off by declaring that I LOVE CHILDREN! Little kids and big kids alike, I just love 'em! Today I got to meet the two kids who I will get to babysit for all of next week, a boy who's nine and a girl who's six. They are both absolutely adorable and I think I will have a lot fun watching them. The little boy wanted his momma to tell me all of the rules so that he could be sure and follow them, but he had a wicked little glint in his eye the whole time I was there, so I'm excited to see what he's like away from momma...He told me he wants to swim in my pool and do lots of crafts and his sister agreed, so I think next week should be especially fun because it will include the things I love so much--kids, crafts, and pooling it! Then this evening at work (where I currently sit typing) a regular customer came in, this time bringing her seven year old daughter. She talked my ear off while her mom was tanning and we had a delightful conversation about tanning and birthdays and school and rock painting and school programs...she was a total doll. As she was walking out the door, she asked me, "what was your name again?" (She hadn't asked and didn't know before this) and I told her and asked hers too. I told her it was nice to meet her and that I hoped to see her again soon to which she replied--It was very nice meeting you too, Molly, and I hope to see you in the near future!!--so cute! I can't wait to be a mom someday...kids are just such great little people, so interesting and curious and precious and lovely and plumpy and nice. I love them sometimes more than big people!

No comments: