Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sarah Dessen " Lock and Key "

So I'm reading yet another SD book and eating it up like candy! Love that author!

What is Family? They were the people who claimed you. In good, in bad, in parts or in whole, they were the ones who showed up, who stayed in there, regardless. It wasn't just about blood relations or shared chromosomes, but something wider, bigger...We had many families over time. Our family of origin, the family we created, as well as the groups you moved through while all of this was happening: friends, lovers, sometimes even strangers. None of them were perfect, and we couldn't expect them to be. You couldn't make any one person your world. The trick was to take what each could give you and build a world from it.

As I wrote about in my last post, I have a huge extended family. But then I also have my other family, my little family of friends who I love.

My wild Ashley.
My sweet Michelle.
My little Bryn-o.
My Hanny.
My lovely and whitty Court
My Benn-the-strong-man-Garrett
And
My Cody the jokster.

Where would I be with out these people. These memories. These friends. This family?

**pics to come.